Au Co Preschool, a joint venture between Viet-AID and Federated Dorchester Neighborhood Houses (FDNH), was created on July 1, 2005 to serve the cultural and linguistic child care needs of the Vietnamese community in Dorchester. Several years after Au Co’s inception, FDNH transferred the preschool’s ownership and management to Viet-AID. Au Co Preschool operates a diverse center-based program that serves children from all cultural backgrounds and demographics.
Currently, Au Co Preschool is operating three classrooms near full capacity. Two classrooms serve 29 children and the third space care for toddlers. Viet-AID’s Director of Child Care Services oversees the preschool with the assistance of 6 licensed teachers.
Au Co Preschool is located at 42 Charles Street in the Vietnamese American Community Center in Fields Corner. Au Co serves children between the ages of 2.9 and 6. For more information on sending your child to Au Co Preschool, please call us at (617) 822-3717 x24.
The features of the program include:
- Convenient hours from 7:30AM to 5:30PM, Mondays-Fridays.
- Knowledgeable staff in early childhood education certified by the Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC).
- Newly constructed, licensed facility.
- Diverse setting that embraces families from all backgrounds.
- Breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks are provided daily.
- Private fees and vouchers accepted.