Vietnamese American Initiative for Development
Under the direct and immediate supervision and guidance from the Program Director, and Preschool Lead Teacher, the Preschool Teacher has input into all aspects of the education program and assists in all activity areas to implement the planned program.
1. Assist in ensuring the health and safety of the children in the classroom at all times.
2. Provide input to overall planning of classroom goals and curriculum. Under the supervision of the Preschool Lead Teacher, the Preschool Teacher can provide an individualized curriculum for up to ten children ensuring a balanced day, including but not limited to:
a. Develop weekly plans/curriculum in all areas of growth and development including socio-emotional, cognitive, fine and gross motor and language.
b. Assess and record each child’s current development and records developmental changes, interests, etc. through the use of anecdotal tools for the purpose of planning curriculum and sharing with parents.
c. Keep appropriate attendance records and bring continued absences to the attention of the Lead Teacher.
3. Assist Preschool Teacher in observing and recording of children’s behavior for the purpose of determining appropriate curriculum.
4. Attend and participate in staff meetings (and parent meetings when appropriate) and in-service/professional day opportunities to promote professional growth.
5. Work with individual children, and small groups of children.
6. Share appropriately in all routines, transition periods as well as in the daily main¬tenance of the classroom and materials in keeping them clean, tidy and attractive.
7. Carry out classroom assignments as requested by the Preschool Lead Teacher.
8. Communicate positive health habits and nutrition to children including serving and eating with children family style.
9. Enroll in courses as deemed necessary through the evaluation process by Program Director.
10. Initiate requests for training and/or assistance as part of on-going evaluation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
– BA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
– DEEC Teacher certification and at least 2 yrs of relevant experience
– Demonstrated interest in continuing study in the field of Early Childhood Education.
– Experience working in low-income and multi-ethnic communities.
– First Aid / CPR certification
– Knowledge of Vietnamese language and culture highly preferred.
Compensation: Very competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please contact: Karen 617-822-3717 ext. 30 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hoa Mai ext.22 email@example.com or Trang Nguyen ext 16 or email firstname.lastname@example.org