VietAID was created in 1994 by community leaders who believed that a community-based development corporation would provide comprehensive economic development programs and services to reduce poverty and alienation in the Vietnamese community of Fields Corner (a Dorchester neighborhood). VietAID’s mission is to build a strong Vietnamese community and a vibrant Fields Corner through the following measures: promoting civic engagement; building affordable housing and commercial development; providing small business technical assistance and micro-enterprise development; and offering high quality child care services.
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing all aspects of fundraising related to the organization, including grant writing, annual appeals, fundraising events, donor relations, and individual donations. The new Director of Development will have the opportunity to implement a strong fundraising program from the ground up.
The position will report to the Executive Director.
The position’s primary responsibilities include:
• Conducting the full range of activities required to research foundations, and prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to private foundations and corporate sources to support VietAID’s mission.
• Working with VietAID’s Board of Directors to develop strong relationships with community supporters.
• Designing and executing a strategy for increasing contributions of individual donors and through fundraising events.
• Overseeing and planning an annual fundraising event.
• Leading the process to select, install, and populate a database of members and donors and ensure agency wide usage.
• Working with program staff on providing funding reports to funders as outlined in their contracts.
• Bachelor or advanced degree.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience and proven track record of success in fundraising and communications.
• Proven ability to identify, cultivate, and sustain relationships with individuals, corporations, and foundations.
• Strong skills in foundation research and grant writing.
• Track record of commitment to community development, social justice, and/or immigrant communities.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter who is comfortable building a strong development department. Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative, energetic approach. Good organizational skills.
• Experience working in low-income and multi-ethnic communities.
To apply, send cover, resume, and two writing samples to Admin@vietaid.org. Put “Director of Development” in the subject line.