Vietnamese American Initiative for Development (VietAID)
Deputy Executive Director
The Vietnamese American Initiative for Development (VietAID) is the first and only grassroots community development corporation founded and operated by Vietnamese refugees and immigrants in the United States. Founded in 1994 and located in Fields Corner, one of the largest Vietnamese population centers on the East Coast, VietAID’s mission is to build and support a strong Vietnamese American community in Boston area and a vibrant Fields Corner neighborhood. The mission is anchored by five basic goals: 1) increase civic participation, 2) promote economic development and self sufficiency, 3) build affordable housing for residents, 4) foster youth and grassroots leadership and 5) offer high quality child care services and early childhood education.
VietAID is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as Deputy Executive Director for this active and multi-faceted community development organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director to assist the ED on daily operations of all functional areas including fundraising, program development, public and community relations, financial management, and operations.
- Direct a team of staff to develop and deliver on strong, measurable goals for each functional and program area, including building strategic alliances and collaboration at all levels.
- Working closely with the Executive Director, facilitate participation in financial oversight, the development and setting of organization-wide policies and systems of accountability, and board development.
- Design fundraising strategy and ensure the cultivation, solicitation, and funds annually from individuals, foundations, corporations, government, and revenue generation.
- Advocate for and promote the mission of the organization and the greater community, often serving as the voice and face in meetings, at events, and on councils, providing vision and direction, and engaging and leveraging others to ensure broad and successful collaboration.
- Oversee the daily operation of the whole organization.
- BA/BS or equivalent required.
- Bicultural and bilingual in Vietnamese.
- At least 5 years professional work experience with minimum 2 years senior nonprofit leadership including managing multiple functional areas.
- Experience designing and delivering a fundraising and revenue generation plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to listen; demonstrated success initiating and managing complex relationships and facilitating dialogue across multiple departments and/or constituent groups.
- Proven ability to develop and implement programs that respond to a wide range of community needs; experience in areas of community development preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the organization and experience building a collaborative team in a racially and ethnically diverse environment.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is commensurate with experience. VietAID provides a generous benefits package that includes paid holidays, sick leave, vacation time, 403(b) retirement savings plan, dental insurance, health insurance reimbursement, and short-term disability.
Please send resume and cover letter to Nam@vietaid.org. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
42 Charles Street, Suite E
Dorchester, MA 02122